Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Mount Jackson bridge - or whatever it's called ... :-)

I spent a lot of time in Virginia last year due to commitments with my job. On the road to the worksite, there is this covered bridge. I have shot this bridge a number of times, some of which are shown below. I am still not 100 percent satisfied with the shots, but it is getting closer to what I see in my head. I won't stop shooting this bridge, it's now one of my favourite subjects.

It is a source of great frustration as the bridge is currently in use, so you get set up for a shot and then a couple of cars come down the road and you have to move or take down a light stand, relatively quickly.  Also, there are other "tourists" looking at this bridge, walking along it, enjoying it.  They just don't realize that my ideas are more important than theirs ... :-)

Inside the bridge.


Under the bridge


An early attempt at the bridge.

Like I said, still not perfect... I won't stop until I get it the way I want it.  I'm going back in the spring this year so I will attempt to get some more.  The work at this site is pretty much wrapping up, so the trips down there will be fewer and far between as time goes on.  So I will have to make the most of my time down there.  Oh, and I have to do my actual job that I get paid for too ... stupid real life getting in the way of creativity ...  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment