Friday, December 13, 2013

Project 365 - Day 347 - Fun with colour and light

Today I was going through my gear for a photo shoot I am doing tomorrow, getting everything ready and making sure I had all my parts.  I was also thinking about what my shot might be for tonight.  I was playing with the camera, taking a test shot, and then realized that my shutter was at 30s.  I shut the camera off, thus closing the shutter, and turned it back on.  Just on a whim, I check out the picture.  It was kind of cool!  The camera was aimed at the christmas tree and I was moving it back and forth, so the colours from the lights were streaks.

I then began thinking of what I could do to incorporate this effect in my shot for today.  I remember when I was on a photo tour with The Mentor Series, one of the instructors told us about a technique where you hold the camera steady and zoom out over the shutter length.  So I tried this.  After a few shots, this is what I came up with.

A neat way to look at the christmas tree... :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment