Thursday, December 19, 2013

Project 365 - Day 353 - Santa came to my house early this year

We got home later than usual today, and we found a present under the tree.  It wasn't from Santa Claus, but it was from my sister, Heather.  Heather had been posting on facebook about an ornament that our mother had made a long time ago - she made a bunch of these ornaments and sold them at a craft sale.  My sisters bought some of these ornaments, and Heather dug one out of a box for me to have, asI didn't have one of my own.  It was truly a nice surprise.

Our tree is full of ornaments that we have received from friends and family, ones that we bought while traveling on vacation or for work.  Each ornament on our tree means something to us, and when we put the tree up every year we get to relive those memories - "remember this trip?" "Were did we buy this one?" and so on.  We even have ornaments that remind us of Brodie and Leo, our dog and cat that have since passed on.

So today's shot is another ornament on the tree - but not just any ornament.  This is one my mom made.


No comments:

Post a Comment