Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Project 365 - Day 225 - Volleyball anyone?

Down to Coronation Park this afternoon.  I was shooting sailboats with my long lens, got some pretty cool shots, but you have already seen those.  I was waiting for one of the boats to do something interesting.  That never happened.  I was shooting away and having a great time.  When I thought I had my shot, I headed back to the car, and almost walked right into a volleyball net that was still set up.

With my long lens, I set up very close and set the Aperture to f/4.  I snapped a bunch of shots, testing out various angles and making sure the trees behind the net were blurred.  I had to manually touch up the auto focus, because the camera kept thinking I wanted to focus on the trees.  "Surely you're not trying to shoot that thin piece of rope" the camera said to me.  But I showed it who was boss.


No comments:

Post a Comment