Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Project 365 - Day 231 - What makes a weed a weed?

Today I was working on the steps in front of my shed.  Years ago when I put the shed up I put a small patio in front of it with steps leading into the shed.  Not a lot of steps, and only 10 pavers, but it served it's purpose - to create a landing zone in front of the shed.  Recently, it has become quite hard to open and close the door, and the reason is that there was a root pushing up the pavers.  It seems that I didn't dig down deep enough.

Well, anyway, as I was digging I was tossing the dirt into an area that has a lot of wild flowers growing - and by wild flowers, I mean weeds.  The area is primarily lily of the valley, but there is this vine that keeps springing up and I keep cutting it back.  Today that vine had little purple flowers on it.  So, I shot them.


The flowers are quite pretty, but also quite small.  So there is not a lot of colour.  I had to shoot this with my macro right up close and then crop in tight in Lightroom.

So what makes a weed a weed?  In someone else's garden this could be a welcome flower.  Hrm....

No comments:

Post a Comment