Friday, September 13, 2013

Project 365 - Day 255 - Reflective Surfaces

I was putting away the dishes from the dishwasher (like a good husband) today and I noticed that our salad tongs are shaped like hands.  Now, this isn't the first time I have noticed this, although I was struck with a bit of creativity.  So I grabbed the tongs and clamped them to a tripod.  Now, I needed something to shoot them with.

I tried holding my hand up in the reflection to make it look like the tong hand had my skin, but I wasn't liking the result of the shot.  I was also always in the reflection in one way or another.  So I re-thought the process.  One of the things I was trying to get was my wedding ring on the ring finger on the tong-hand.  So I took off my ring, put it on the tong, and the rest is history.

For those who want to know how I got rid of the reflections, I put a piece of foam core between me and the tongs, and shot from an angle.  I aimed my speedlight at the foamcore and fired away.  Changing the angle of the camera eliminated most of the reflections, except for some on the back hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment