Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Project 365 - Day 259 - Courage

This past weekend was the Terry Fox run.  When I was at Coronation park yesterday, I noticed someone had written words of encouragement on the pavement in the parking loop.  So I checked it out.  Apparently Coronation Park was the finish line for the Terry Fox Run in Oakville, and the volunteers had decorated the pavement to cheer on the participants.

One of the two words that was still there today when I went back was BELIEVE.  It was written in big bold block letters.  And then there was this one.  Courage.

Pretty much straight out of the camera here, I did adjust the temperature, but I framed it like this in camera.  At first I was worried about the top of the C, but you get the idea, you know what the word is.  Shot with my 24-70mm at f/2.8 to blur the background and just a bit of the foreground.  The word is readable, and you don't care about the edge of the pavement or the trees and grass over there.  The subject is courage.

In two weeks I am participating in the Road Hockey to Conquer Cancer.  Cancer research is a very important cause to me, as I lost both my parents to the disease.  If you feel like donating to my cause, please follow the link below:


No comments:

Post a Comment