Sunday, July 14, 2013

Project 365 - Day 195 - Flowers from the garden

Very busy day today.  It was Sonia's birthday - but I'm not gonna tell you which one.  Let's just say it was an anniversary of her 21st and leave it at that ... :-)

So there was a lot of stuff to do even though our friends and family took over the planning of the party and basically left Sonia with only little things to do.  Every time she tried to do something, someone would hand her a drink and take over.  It was cool to see Sonia actually relax and spend time with friends and family.  It didn't stop her from giving me things to do though... :-)

So the afternoon was spent grilling for our guests and then catching up with friends and family that we haven't seen for - oh let's say about a week or so.  That's the good thing about Summer, we make excuses to see everyone a lot.

After a couple of rousing games of catchphrase, it was time for everyone to go.   When we were cleaning up, Sonia reminded me of my shot.   So I grabbed my camera and headed outside.

Too cloudy for a moon shot, and everyone has seen a lot of those from me.  So I decided to shoot these flowers that are beside our front steps.

I shot these earlier in June before they bloomed.  Check it out here.  This shot is them in full bloom.  I still don't know what they are, and google seems so far away right now.  That's like 2 or 3 more clicks ... :-)


I used my flash for this shot with a piece of white paper banded to the flash to direct the light toward the flower.  It allows the flash to wrap around the flower, so you can see the petals in behind the ones in focus.  It is a pretty cool concept, one that I don't use a lot but really should.  It's a cheap light modifier, and it works great.

No comments:

Post a Comment