Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Project 365 - Day 205 - Something different

... well not the subject, but the technique.

I have often been standing in my kitchen looking out our big bay window at the front at the way the light plays on the lilies in the garden.  It is very cool the way they are lit, and I have tried to capture it - but I can never get it right - or acceptable in my eyes.  So today, I decided to try something new and create something that looks a little more like what I see.

I grabbed the shot with my 24-70mm lens, shooting into the sun so that the lily was lit properly.  This had the effect of telling my camera that the shot was totally blown out and useless.  But bringing it into lightroom and cropping out most of the sun fixed that. 

Cropped for content, and adjusted the colour a bit.  I then dropped the clarity down a touch to soften it up. 

This is more like it, but still not completely satisfied.  The trouble is you don't have a lot of time to shoot when the sun gets to that point in the sky -- it sinks fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment