Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Project 365 - Day 211 - Dulcius ex Asperis

Today I was intrigued by the skies over Milton so I went north to get an unobstructed shot of the skyline.  I stopped at a park on Dundas between Third Line and Bronte.  I got a couple of shots of the really cool skyline, and was looking around for other things to shoot.  Right in front of me was this perfect specimen of a thistle.

And atop this thistle was a bee.

You might think that this is not something to be excited about, but I was excited.  You see, the bee on top of a thistle is part of the Ferguson Clan crest.





So I took a few shots, and came up with this.  The only regret is that the bee is not looking at me ... :-)



This is what the crest looks like, sitting on top of the Ferguson tartan...


And, to top it off, I got a tattoo on my right arm of the crest in 2009.  


No comments:

Post a Comment