Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Project 365 - Day 296 - Seagull on a yellow pole with the sunset behind him

Tonight I went back down to Oakville Harbour to visit my lighthouse.  Yes, it's my lighthouse - I have shot it enough to have an intimate relationship with it and I consider it my own ... :-)

The town has installed a railing on the pier now that goes down the left hand side, where the rocks are.  This is a good idea, as it can get windy down there and when I was down during the winter it was really slippery and I almost ended up in the water a couple of times!  ( I might be exaggerating here a bit).

But as I was shooting the lighthouse with the sunset, I caught sight of this seagull sitting on a pole.  The pole had the orange life preserver on it and the sunset in the background really made the shot cool.

I had to clean up a lot of spots on the pier - spots of white seagull "leavings"  ... ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment