Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Project 365 - Day 302 - Man in the mirror

I had the idea for this shot for a couple of days now, and I was planning it out.  I used two tripods, one for the pumpkin/jack-o-lantern and one for the camera.  I took two shots - one in the dark with a candle in the pumpkin and one in light, both shooting the reflection.  I blurred out the back of the pumpkin so as to give the impression that the pumpkin is looking into the mirror, seeing the hack-o-lantern on the inside. 

I cut out the eyes, nose and mouth on the reflection in the light to get the glow in the shot.  The dark shot was a layer in behind in photoshop.  Then I adjusted the contrast and clarity of the jack-o-lantern in the reflection to give it more of an aged look.

It didn't turn out exactly how I wanted, but then again that's what this project is about ... :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment