Sunday, October 27, 2013

Project 365 - Day 300 - Red Tail Hawk

I was out shooting the escarpment today, and reasonably happy with my shot I was returning home.  I was coming down Bronte Road toward the QEW when this little girl caught my eye.  I call it a girl although I don't know enough about these birds to properly identify it.  I know it's a red tail because, well, I saw the red tail.

I figure this one is probably quite young.  I was looking up pictures of these guys and most are more detailed than this one was.

She was standing on a lamppost when I drove by, and I pulled into a subdivison and hopped a couple of fences with my camera in order to grab her.  I got some shots of her on the post, but when I started getting closer she took off.  This was the best in-flight shot I got.  It's just a shame the sky is so drab and dull.

Shot with my Sigma 70-200 at 200mm. f/11 at 1/250.  Not nearly fast enough for a bird in flight but I didn't think she would go.

No comments:

Post a Comment