Thursday, May 2, 2013

Project 365 - Day 122 - That tree in Coronation Park - Spring Edition...

I went today to shoot one of my favourite trees again today.  This is an ongoing project (yeah, another one) where I shoot this tree in all four seasons.  Well, 2 down 2 to go.

Here's my winter shot:  Coronation Tree - Winter  Shot in February this year.

I try to keep my settings the same for each shot to allow me to properly build a timeline for this guy.

Today's shot was difficult.  There were three men sitting on the bench in front of the tree.  That would have been okay, but two were sitting and one was standing facing the camera.  It wasn't pleasing to the eye.  But eventually they got up and left - just as I was losing my light.  I snapped off two shots and when I was making sure the framing was the same as the original winter shot, a group of kids came and sat on the bench.  So I was done - besides the light was almost gone and the bottom half of the tree was in shadow.

Here's today's tree shot:


On a side note, I leave for Calgary tomorrow so the blog will be done from there until the 14th when I am back in Toronto.  Stay tuned for some cool shots of trees in Calgary !! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment