Monday, May 13, 2013

Project 365 - Day 133 - Last day in Banff

Today I left Banff.  I am currently writing this from work in Calgary.  It's not difficult to fall in love with the Banff National Park and the surrounding area.  There is just so much to see and do. 

I took a quick jaunt up to Lake Louise again today to get a couple last shots.  The weather was - to use a technical Photography term - cruddy.

The sky was flat and grey and it had been raining.  So when you get a flat sky, you look for other interesting things - like the way the mountains reflect in the water of the lake.  You can still see the ice floating on top of the lake, but the area around the shore line is open water now.  There are signs stating "thin ice" everywhere as well - although right now they are not needed....


What I missed most on this trip was my nice big 24inch screen at home that is properly calibrated. It makes a difference when publishing photos if you have a good screen - not like my little 15 inch laptop screen that is in no way calibrated or corrected.

Oh well, home tomorrow.  I hear the grass needs to be cut - again!!  :-)

Bye bye Banff.  Hope to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment