Sunday, June 2, 2013

Project 365 - Day 153 - Bronte Harbour at night

I have been to Bronte Harbour a number of times, and I keep looking for something different to shoot.  Yes, there are a bunch of boats down there that can be shot in the water with reflections, and I could probably fill up a whole project 365 of just those, but I wanted something different.  When  I was down there earlier this winter, I saw the curvature of the inner harbour and how the lights ran along that curve up to the lighthouse.  So tonight I decided to shoot that.

I was late for the sunset tonight, but it didn't really matter as I was shooting the lake which is in the other direction.  So I set up my shot and took 3 test shots to choose the best exposure.  At that point, a couple approached me and advised that they were "about to block my view" and then continued down the walkway.  They are now part of post 153.


Shot with my 24-70mm lens (yes Omar, I know) at f/7.1 and .5s shutter.  Lens was at 56mm.  I used my tripod for this shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment