Sunday, June 30, 2013

Project 365 - Day 181 - Water Park Fun

Still have the kids today, so we went to Coronation Park to run around the splash pad.  I really like this park, and the splash pad is a lot of fun - although they look at you weird when you are running around there without kids.  I had my camera with me, and I was chasing after my nephews and niece, trying to get "that" shot.  I was setting up for a shot of one of the kids getting a jet of water full force to the face when I got hit in the side with a different jet of water by some kid that I didn't know.  Yes, the camera got it too.  It hit the 24-70 lens and the D300.  Luckily I put my body between the spray and the camera.  Totally my fault, I should know not to run around the splash pad with the camera.

But here's the thing.  I bought the D300s for a reason.  It's rugged and is weather resistant.  And the lens is good that way too.  So I dried it off right away and was able to keep shooting the rest of the day - no harm done.  I had to clean the lens though, it took an almost direct hit.  That took some time and finesse.

When all that was done, I was able to get this shot of Sebasitan getting soaked by the dump tray. 

24-70mm lens at 56mm.  ISO800 and the shutter speed is 1/4000 at f/6.3  I had to bring up the fill light on this and tap the exposure a couple of notches.  This is what happens when you don't check your exposure before that crucial shot. 


No comments:

Post a Comment