Friday, June 14, 2013

Project 365 - Day 165 - Shoot the moon

Over the past couple of nights the moon has been a sliver of itself.  I really wanted to get a shot of the quarter moon, or even smaller, but the clouds and life got in the way - mostly clouds though, those suckers move fast!

I had a shot in my pocket from earlier today that I got of a squirrel.  Mr squirrel only let me get one shot off before bolting away, but I at least had that one.  But then Sonia pointed out the nice clear skies and the fact that the moon was still in quarter-ish phase.  So I grabbed my camera with my trusty 70-200mm lens and shot away.

ISO400, Sigma 70-200mm lens at 200mm.  Shutter is 1/250 and aperture is f/2.8.  I love this lens...
In post, I cropped about 70% of the shot out to bring the moon closer.  I need a teleconverter for this lens.  Santa, are you listening?  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment