Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Project 365 - Day 156 - Toadstools

Mushrooms, toadstools, fungi.  All names to describe the spore bearing body of a fungus.  Although these guys are not what you typically want growing in your garden or your lawn, sometimes they make really good photographic subjects.

A few years ago, I went on a school trip to Algonquin Park as part of my Certificate in Commercial Photography.  We saw a lot of mushrooms on this trip, helping the fallen logs break down and providing nutrients to the local animals.

Yesterday, when I was out cutting the grass, I ran into these guys.  So,of course, I decided to shoot them.

I will say though that when you are lying on your stomach in your own backyard, you don't get nearly as many quizical stares - unless of course you count the dog...


Shot at ISO1250 with my 60mm lens.  1/6 sec and f/13.  Handheld, but braced on the ground.  Deep breath then hold, then release shutter - repeat.


No comments:

Post a Comment