Saturday, June 15, 2013

Project 365 - Day 166 - Playing the piano

Today, one of our friends was throwing a birthday party for their little girl.  It was a lot of fun and there was a lot of food - as always.  And, as per usual, I had my camera out shooting away.  At one point when we were getting the cake that Sonia made ready, I noticed that their eldest son was playing the piano.  He has not been playing long, but you wouldn't know it from his progress.  He is really good.

So I turned to watch him play, and noticed the light from the window was filtering through the blunds onto his hands.  The lines of the blinds created a contrast to the lines of the keys on the piano.  So I got down and low next to him and took this shot.

This is shot with my 24-70mm lens at 48mm.  ISO is 400, and the shutter is 1/800 at f/2.8.

I turned it black and white in post and added some contrast.   I played with the orange to give him some more detail on his fingers.  I also cropped for content.


No comments:

Post a Comment