Thursday, June 6, 2013

Project 365 - Day 157 - Japanese Maple

Also known as a bloodgood, this is one of my favourite trees.  It is slow growing, so you can plant it and leave it be for a long time without having to prune or cut it back.  We have two of these, and one is the centrepiece of our back garden.  He's the subject today.

As I was letting Brodie outside today, I was thinking about what to shoot.  I noticed the way that the seeds are hanging off the branches of this tree, and with the grey sky and light rain it looked really cool.  So I grabbed my camera and took some shots.

I used my 70-200mm lens as it has Image Stabilization and I can get a pretty big aperture on this guy to blur out the other goings-on in the backyard.

Here's the shot:


Sigma 70-200mm lens zoomed in to 200mm .  Aperture at f/4.5  ISO 1250 and the shutter is at 1/40s

No comments:

Post a Comment