Saturday, June 8, 2013

Project 365 - Day 159 - Millipede??

I hate these things.  :-) 

We have a garbage containment unit outside since we don't have a garage.  For the first couple of years, I battled with the racoons and other "night life" around here when it was getting close to garbage day.  We would try everything from tying the garbage cans up to the posts of the car port to leaving securing the lids with bungee cords.  Nothing worked.  But finally, I designed and built a containment unit and this has kept them away successfully since then.

One of the bonuses of the containment unit is that it creates a nice damp environment for all kinds of creepy crawlies to lounge about in the doorjambs of the unit.  Every time I open the door, centipedes run for cover, potato bugs slowly meander in their potato bugly way into a darker corner, and the small millipedes pretend that they are not there and that I can't see them.

So today, I purposely went to get this guy and shoot him.

I wanted to get him in his "ring" state, but he wasn't sitting still for me.  These things should have more respect for my size and humanness...  but I did get a couple of good shots of him trying to get away.


Shot with my 60mm Nikon lens, at f/32.  Mounted on my tripod.  ISO was 1250, and the shutter is 1/100.

No comments:

Post a Comment