Thursday, June 20, 2013

Project 365 - Day 171 - Potato / Potatto

Of the things I know for certain in life, one is pretty common knowledge.  If you touch a potato bug he will curl up into a ball.  When this happens, you can carry him to a sheet of white paper under a macro lens and take a bunch of really cool shots.

Well, maybe know is a strong term.  It didn't seem to turn out that way today.  I was playing with three of these guys, and only one would sit still long enough for me to get a shot.  This shot took about an hour playing with potato bugs.  One got away and I had to search for more.

No potato bugs were harmed in the making of this photo.  I released my other two reluctant models.  They refused to sign the model release forms anyway....

ISO 800, 60mm macro lens. 1/4s at f/18.


No comments:

Post a Comment