Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Project 365 - Day 323 - Tern of phrase

Today we spent most of the day in the bungalow.  It rained for a bit, and then let up - after which Sonia and I went snorkeling.  Sonia accused me of trying to get her to touch the stingrays, but that was not the case - you know they/re really not that dangerous to humans as long as you stay away from their tail.

Before we went snorkeling, I was watching the birds flying around the lagoon between our bungalow and the main resort area.  There were so many birds fishing and it was really cool to see.  All of a sudden this one bird flew into my view - he caught my eye because he had light blue feathers on the underside of his wings and body!  It was quite cool! 

I already had my 70-200 Sigma on with the polarizer on the front so I was shooting away.   Unbeknownst to me, Sonia had decided to check out what I was shooting and came up behind me just as the tern (I believe that was what it was) dove in for a fish.  She put her hands on my waist just as this happened and scared the poop out of me!  I missed that shot, but soon recovered enough to get this shot.

I toned down the reds a bit on this, as the fish is almost split in two.  But yes, his wings are that blue.  No photoshop on that part ... ;-)

I tried to research the kind of bird - the closest I can find is the Greater Crested Tern.  But he is a tern of some kind ....


No comments:

Post a Comment