Friday, November 22, 2013

Project 365 - Day 326 - Souvenir means souvenir in French!

So, today was a relatively lazy day.  Up for the sunrise at 4:45 and back to bed by 5:15.  Breakfast at 8am today, and then we decided to go back into Vaitape again to get some souvenirs.  There was a cruise ship in port and there were a lot of people in the little craft market.  I went to take some pictures of the ship transporing people to the port, and Sonia went into the market.  When I had enough shots, I went into the market to look for her.  One of the vendors said "She's over there" and pointed to Sonia.

We are now known to the vendors of the Vaitape craft market ... :-)

Back to the resort by lunch time and out on the deck with our snorkel gear.  After 40 min of snorkeling, we sat out with our books in the sun/shade (Sonia in the sun, me in the shade) and read through our eyelids for a while.

I went back out again to get some more fish shots and Sonia continued to read.  When we were both done, we went around the boardwalk paths to the bungalows to get some scenery shots.  Today's shot is one of them.

This is shot with my Tokina 11-16mm lens with the polarizer on it.  I had to straighten the boards a bit on the left and right due to distortion, and cropped  a bit due to the lens seeing some of the rim of the polarizer and UV filter I have on the lens.  Other than that, straight out of the camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment