Monday, November 25, 2013

Project 365 - Day 329 - Back to the cold cold north

So, we left Bora Bora on Saturday evening and it was 35 deg C.  Landed in Toronto on Sunday night and it was -8 deg C.  You do the math.  And I was still in shorts.  Luckily I am Canadian and I did not feel the cold.  Jumped into the warm cab and made it home.

I took the day off today to get some stuff done around the house.  One of those things was the yard work.  The wind was really strong out front and raking leaves in the wind was just not working for me.  But I did spend a couple of hours cleaning all the dead plants out of the gardens and getting the place ready for the soon to arrive, if not already here, winter.

Today's shot is of one of the flowers in the front of the house, now all dead and dried up.  The garden in behind has some evergreen ground cover in it, and it creates a nice contrast between the dead plantlife and the living evergreens.


No comments:

Post a Comment