Sunday, January 13, 2013

Project 365 - Day 13 - Brook Valley Park

On our way home from Niagara Falls this weekend we passed by one of our local parks.  There is a system of trails that runs through the woods around our house, and every once in a while the trail opens up into greenspace.  There is also a brook or creek that runs through this area.

Apparently early this morning there was a significant rainstorm in the area.  This, coupled with the recent snow melt, created a bit of flooding in the area.

So what's a guy to do?  Grab his camera and tripod of course!  I put on my hiking boots and layered on the clothing and off I went.  It was a good walk, and I stopped a lot to check out the scenery and snap some shots.  I got covered in mud and burrs and got my camera a little dirty.  My tripod has mud splashes on it as well.  It was a good day ... :-)

You can see all the shots on my facebook account here

My favourite shot is the one I am sharing today. The rain has soaked the flat areas around the creek, and saturated the earth to the point that there is ponding.  But a pond is just a big mirror, right? Here's the shot:


This area is supposed to be just flat parkland, where you could sit and picnic.  The actual creek is off to the right...And this was late in the day, so you can imagine how much water fell this am.

No comments:

Post a Comment