Thursday, January 24, 2013

Project 365 - Day 24 - Autobots at the Auto Show

Today's pic was inspired by the new Corvette.  I am a 'vette fan, as you might have gleamed from my previous post with the crystal car lit from below.  I have this little gem on another shelf.  This is a transformer from the recent toy series - not one of the classic '80s toys and that's why it is out of the box.  Besides, what fun is a toy in a box, you can't play with it... :-)

So this pic was taken in a black room using a small flashlight to paint across the hood and into the car through the tinted windows.  It would have taken at least 2 lights to get this effect using speedlights, but I taped a snoot to the front of a regular flashlight and used a small opening in the snoot to control the light as I painted.  6 second shutter at f11.  Used my 60mm lens for this one too.  ISO is at 800, but it could be lower - I just didn't want to mess with the depth of field any more than I already did. 

Here's the shot:


No comments:

Post a Comment