Thursday, January 31, 2013

Project 365 - Day 31 - Picture in picture (in picture, in picture, etc)

Do you ever feel like your work will never end?  I have had that feeling from time to time.  Today's pic is inspired by that feeling - although I can't say that I ever feel this way about photography.  I tend to lose hours taking photos and then massaging them later.  I have been getting better at getting the shot right in the camera and then the post processing work is not that bad.

But today's photo is also about perspective, and vanishing lines, and a whole bunch of other elements of design - wouldn't my photography instructors be proud of me! 

Here's the shot:


This took a really long time to set up, I had to get the horizontal lines right or the effect would get worse all the way through to the first pic way down in the middle.  But once I got it set up, and did a custom white balance, it wasn't that hard.

Process:
1) Take photo of your desktop computer (this won't work with a MAC ... kidding)
2) Import photo to lightroom
3) View photo in lightroom
4) Take photo of your desktop computer
5) Repeat from step 2.

Interesting enough, without blowing up the picture, 5 layers is about all you can do using my setup here.  If I had less space around the outside of the first pic I could have done more.  That would probably mean more images and a more pronounced effect.  But effect achieved nonetheless.

As an aside, I have made it through the first 31 days of this assignment.  A landmark for sure but my work is not even close to being finished.  There will be challenges (let's be honest, there have already been challenges) to my creativity.  It will be a fun journey, and I hope I am not sick of it by the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment