Monday, January 14, 2013

Project 365 - Day 14 - Covette

I had an idea for today's shot, but it didn't pan out.  I'm not ready to give up on it just yet, it needs some tweaking.  But then I just started fooling around with lighting from below.  This is a crystal corvette that I got as a gift when I was 18 or 19 years old.  I lit it from below with two full green gels on my speedlight.  I tried different colours, but this worked best for this setup.  I will be trying other things with these gels, but for now this is what I have.

Here's the shot.


The only retouching was to bring the exposure down a hair and clone out some reflections from the gels right under the passenger side door.

Here's my setup for those who are wondering how I did this ...


24-70 lens, f16 at 1/30.  ISO400.  Tripod braced on the coffee table and I had the lens as close to the car as possible.  You can see my gels on the table at the bottom of the pic.  They are held on by velcro to my SB600 speedlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment