Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Project 365 - Day 16 - Rush Hour

If you know me, you know I have a pretty long commute into work each day.  It's 48km, but it takes me almost an hour each way.  Public transit is out, as it does not go all the way down to where I work and would end up with a 20 minute walk after the bus dropped me off.  Besides, after I worked it out it would be almost double the cost as driving in.

So I drive.  Recently traffic has been light, but from time to time we get that bad day where traffic is brutal.  Today's photo was inspired by the lighter traffic days.  I went up on one of the overpasses that I usually drive underneath and grabbed a couple of shots of the traffic.  I have always had a thing for light trails ...

Here's the shot:


Post was just crop and straighten.  The lamp post in the foreground is actually tilted.  I had a shot from the other direction but the wind was blowing directly on the camera and it created a sine wave in the light trails.

Nikon 24-70 lens zoomed to 48mm on my D300S.  25 sec exposure at f22 and ISO100

No comments:

Post a Comment