Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Project 365 - Day 29 - Looking at things differently

So I had a bit of a block today, wondering what to shoot.  Those who live in the GTA can relate to the general feeling that today's weather created.  So off I went to the pantry to find something colourful to shoot to lift my general spirits.

And what's better at lifting spirits than Skittles? 

So I started shooting.  I tried different lighting and different angles, but nothing really was working out.  I was somewhat satisfied with one of the shots, and seeing that I am short of time and inspiration today off I went to the computer to see what I could do with it.

After trying to bump the saturation and bring the colours to where I wanted them, I still was not satisfied.  I decided to embrace my grumpy side.  I clicked the "B&W" button.  Voila.  Now there was something I could work with.

I adjusted contrast a tad, and brought the reds and greens to different gray levels (if you convert a picture that is red and green to black and white, the reds and greens look like the same colour).  I played around with the magenta, yellow and orange.  Now this is a different shot.

When you look at skittles in black and white, they don't look all that appetizing.  I, however, would still eat them ... :-)

Here's the shot.  Heavy post on this one today.




No comments:

Post a Comment