Thursday, January 3, 2013

Project 365 - Day 3 - Happy (early) birthday to me!

My favourite lens these days is my 60mm Macro.  It's a Nikon and has an f stop of 2.8.  It's a very nice piece of glass.  All of the pics posted thus far this year have been from that lens.  But no more.

For a very long time I have coveted the Nikon 24-70 Lens.  I love the images it produces, the sharpness is incredible.  When I went to Banff in Feb of 2012, I rented this lens from Vistek.  Well worth the money.  I have been watching the sales, and I noticed that it went on sale at Henry's earlier this week.  On a whim, I checked Vistek, and they were almost $100 cheaper.  The Vistek price was the lowest I had seen since I started wishing for this lens.  So I pulled the trigger after agonizing over it for a number of days, and basically driving Sonia nuts by almost constantly talking abou it.  But I must say, all the pro/con lists (only con was the price), all the back and forth, checking the web site daily - it was worth it. 

I now own the Nikon 24-70 f2.8 lens.  Yay me!  :-)  And thank you Sonia in advance for my brithday presents for the next 10 years or so ... :-)

But you might guess that I will post a picture with that lens today?  Well, you are partially right ...


But I must say, it's really a sobering thought when you consider that I have now blown my entire 2013 photography budget on a single purchase, and only 3 days into the year.  Oh well, lots of time to figure out what to do with next year's allotment!  

1 comment:

  1. There is only one thing to do...raise the budget!

    It is apparent to anyone who cares to look that it was insufficient...Pat Belsito...(struggling with my own photographic addictions)...(not really struggling, enjoying really)

    ReplyDelete