Saturday, January 26, 2013

Project 365 - Day 26 - Playtime in the snow

Brodie loves the snow.  He loves to run around and plow through the snow with his nose.  The truth is he is looking for something to eat under the snow - he is a dog after all - but it's very cute.

This shot is in our backyard, and it's basically straight out of the camera.  24-70 mm lens.  I adjusted the contrast so he would stand out from the background more.  

When I was in Banff last year for a week shooting with a group from The Mentor Series, one of the instructors showed us how to shoot snow.  If you set your meter to +2 stops, the snow will show up perfectly.  I have been using this technique successfully since then, and my snow is never blown out.

Here's the shot.


Here's a bonus shot from today.  I thought about saving this picture for tomorrow's post, but it wouldn't be right and I would only really be cheating myself.  Here's my gnome from the backyard, shot on the same day.  His expression is perfect for snowy days.  I shot this guy earlier this year and posted it on facebook as well.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment