Sunday, March 3, 2013

Project 365 - Day 62 - Splashpad...

It's funny what you fail to notice when you are busy shooting.  I was sitting on top of this hill at Lakeside park in Mississauga.  It wasn't a hill as much as it was a man made mound with setps leading up from a splashpad.  This mound had an observation deck on the top of it, where you could use those long range binocular thingies that you usually see on top of a tall monument somewhere - where you have to pay to see things way off in the distance.  Well this mound afforded me with a good place to shoot birds as they were flying by.

At one point, I was looking down at my camera checking the settings on the menu.  I noticed a black circle under my feet.  The circle was filled with holes, and kind of looked like a shower head - but upside down.  It was then that I noticed I was standing on a splashpad jet.  Then I noticed the other jets around the actual splashpad. 

In my defence it is March, and there are no screaming wet kids to give the secret away ... :-)

So today's picture is a shot of the actuator for this splashpad.  This is a button that a kid will press for the water to shoot up from the ground.  Something tells me that I won't be up here shooting in the summer months ... ;-)


24-70mm lens at 60mm.  f/5.0 at 1/1000 sec shutter.  ISO is 400.  Good depth of field blurring out the mount and giving it some dimension.

No comments:

Post a Comment