Thursday, March 14, 2013

Project 365 - Day 73 - How does it work?

When I was a kid, I liked to take things apart and see how they went together.  When I was finished playing with a toy, I would take it apart to investigate.  I would then reassemble it, usually end up with some spare parts, and from time to time the toy actually worked after this endeavour.  I lost more good toys that way ....

Today I decided to pay homage to that time of my life, pretending that I no longer have the urge to pull things apart.  Let's face it, if it has a screw in it I am going to take that screw out.  I love it when something at work breaks and the warranty has expired - or better yet when it's deemed trash.  I usually end up making it worse but at least I learn how things work.

This shot is part of a power supply in a router.  I pulled the box apart and yanked this power supply out.  I ended up trimming off the supply leads on the circuit board because they were interfering with the shot.  This router was scrap anyway, so I didn't sacrifice a good router.  And those of you who work with me, don't worry - it was my router ... :-)

60mm lens with no extension tubes this time.  f/5.6 at 1/25 second.  ISO 400.  I also used a tripod.

I used my LED flashlight to light this from the top.

Post was just to clean up the resistor a bit - it was smeared with dust and some carbon residue.

I think I'm done with MACRO for a while.  Maybe ... I do love this lens ... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment