Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Project 365 - Day 78 - 2nd snowflake shot

It was snowing again today.  Hey, wait.  That's how I started yesterday's entry ...

Well, it WAS snowing again today.  It was a bit colder, so I thought about getting another snowflake shot.  I got everything set up and it stopped snowing.  So I cursed, and started looking for something else to shoot.  A couple of minutes later, it started again and I was able to get some shots off.

In between shots, as I was trying to catch snowflakes - I swear my neighbours must think I am nuts - I put my brown glove over the camera to keep it safe.  I was walking around trying to catch a good flake, and then separate piles of other flakes, all while trying not to melt the snow.  It wasn't working that well.  I turned to the camera, and the glove was pretty much covered.  Good thing I had it there.  As I shook off the glove, this one flake landed on one of the fingers.

Today's flake is not as clean as the last one.  The snow was not as dry, it was clumping and falling erratically. 

f/32 at 5.0 sec shutter.  It's my 60mm lens with all three extension tubes.  ISO is 800.


No comments:

Post a Comment