Sunday, March 17, 2013

Project 365 - Day 76 - Montreal

We were only in Montreal for less than 24 hours.  Most of that was spent with family and friends, and we were up very late on Saturday night.  Thus, we got up kind of late on Sunday morning.

Thankfully, Montreal is not short on photogenic subjects.

Today's photo is of St Georges Anglican Church in Montreal.  I took this shot to show the contrast between the old church and the new glass building beside it.  I also wanted to capture the reflection of the church in the newer building.  

Here's the shot:

Now, this was shot with my 24-70mm lens out to 24mm.  I corrected the angles in lightroom to some degree and I also erased an ugly bus stop sign and a fire hydrant on the front corner.  The traffic light was also red, but I removed that as well, I found it distracting.

The reason why I shot with the 24-70 was that I only brought one lens with me to Montreal.  This made me think about my shot, and take the ones I could with that lens.  It's good to challenge yourself this way from time to time, but I sure do wish I had my Tokina 11-16 for this - would have made it easier to get the entire church in frame.

24-70mm lens at 29mm.  ISO400.  1/800 at f/5.6.  Yes, the sky was that blue ... it was a beautiful day in Montreal today - even though TorontoFC lost yesterday...

No comments:

Post a Comment