Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Project 365 - Day 79 - TOWARF

No, that's not a typo.  No I didn't just sneeze or anything.  Today's shot is of the TOWARF office.

I have lived in Oakville for about 17 years on and off now.  I have lived in different parts.  It was only until recently that I found out that we had a TOWARF office here.  And it was only today that I found out what a TOWARF is. 

It's the Town of Oakville Water and Air Rescue Force.  It's a Canadian Coast Guard auxiliary unit.  Huh.  Who knew.  If you're interested follow this link to find out more.

Anyway, the building is this really cool blue building with a boat launch beside it.  It's right down where I have been shooting recently, beside lakeside park in Oakville Harbour.

I was shooting the sunset and I happened to look back and see this.  So I popped off a couple of shots, and then went back to shooting birds.  This is by far the best shot of the day...

This is my 24-70mm lens, at 42mm.  Shutter is 1/250 and apeture is 7.1.  ISO is 400.  I was handholding the camera.  I had to erase a bit of the concrete pier that I was on, but other than that it was right out of camera.  No crop.


No comments:

Post a Comment