Sunday, March 31, 2013

Project 365 - Day 90 - Stones

At Coronation park in Oakville, there is a "beach" of sorts off of Lake Ontario.  This beach has some sand, but it is mostly flat stones that have been worn smooth by the waves in the lake over time.  It is kind of hard to walk along this beach, so there are not a lot of people that do this - but what a great place for skipping stones!

I didn't have an assistant today to do the skipping for me while I took the shot, and also the lake was pretty rough.  But I have a great idea now for a shot.  Next time ...

The sky was grey today casting flat light over everything.  On overcast days you can see a lot of colour in the flowers and trees, but when spring has just barely sprung there is not a lot of colour to be seen - and alas I could not locate the elusive Cardinal.

So I pointed my lens down to the stones that make up the beach.

This shot is f/9.0 at 1/1600s.  ISO is 400.  24-70mm lens at 70mm.


No comments:

Post a Comment