Monday, April 1, 2013

Project 365 - Day 91 - Where have all the Crocuses gone ...

On Friday, both Sonia and I were home because it was a stat holiday.  Sonia was letting Brodie out in the backyard, and she called out to me "We have a Crocus!".  For some people, seeing Mr Robin is the first sign of spring.  For us, it's our few crocuses that come up every year - few because the rabbits and squirrels choose to leave us these stragglers every year - it's part of the peace treaty that they signed with Sonia during the first spring that we were in this house (that is a story best left to another time).

So today, I thought I would shoot this crocus.  As I was on my way outside to take a shot of this flower, Sonia informs me that they close up at night.  "No, that can't be" I say - and head outside just to confirm what my lovely wife already knows.  The crocus was closed like a government office on Easter Monday.

But, a closed crocus is still an interesting shot.  So I got low, focussed on the flower and blurred the heck out of everything else.  It was actually snowing, but you can't see it in the shot.  It would have made a great contrast to have a couple of flakes survive the fall.

Here's the shot:


60mm Macro lens shot at 1/13 of a sec and ISO400.  It's on a tripod - but the tripod is splayed out almost flat.  I'll see if I can get a shot of this thing open over the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment