Sunday, April 28, 2013

Project 365 - Day 118 - Sailboats at sunrise

This morning I went down to the Lakeshore Promenade in Mississauga to get some sunrise shots.  I was a little late to the party, and when I showed up there were already 3 other guys there with their tripods - set up for the same shot I was going after.  So I grabbed some shots as the sun was coming up with the lighthouse in the foreground - the same kind of thing I could have grabbed at Bronte Pier or Oakville Harbour. 

So then I went looking for other things to shoot.  I was walking by the marina and noticed how the water was reflecting the boats that were moored up.  The marina is not full yet, not everyone has brought their boat down to the water, but there are a lot of them there.  So it makes a pretty good subject for a shot.

Here's what I came up with:


Nikon 24-70mm lens at 42mm.  ISO400, f/4.0 at 1/800 sec shutter.  I cropped in post and boosted the colours a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment