Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Project 365 - Day 107 - Toronto at night

Tonight I went back down to Sunnyside park in Toronto to get a shot of the night skyline.  Apparently others had the same idea, as there were three other photographers there - all with tripods.  So I went along the beach a bit to a spot where I could get a good angle and also avoid being a subject in their shots.

This started out as a Toronto Nighttime skyline, but it was too windy for my long exposure (the camera was shaking a little bit) so everything blurred.  I shortened the shutter, but I wasn't getting the effect I wanted.  So I turned around.

There was a little cloud over these two condos that looked kind of grey against the black sky.  I liked the way the shoreline played along the front of the shot, and I used an extra long shutter to smooth out the water.  The camera had it's back to the wind, so the shake was very minimal in this direction.

Here's the shot:

Nikon 24-70mm lens at 24mm.  ISO 400, f/9.0 at 10 sec shutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment