Monday, April 8, 2013

Project 365 - Day 98 - Rainy Monday

It rained all evening here in Oakville today.  This usually proves to be a great photographic experience, with reflections all over the road.  Today, however, I had my club meeting so I didn't get home until after 9pm.  It had stopped raining when I went back out with my camera.  So I went to a couple of spots I know to grab some reflection shots.  It seems that every park in Oakville had a police car tonight - as the parks close at dusk and they roust everyone out after dark.  So that wasn't going to work.

Then I went downtown to Lakeshore.  I set up my shot, and just as I was about to take it the skies opened up.  It was raining hard.  Back in the car I went with my camera gear in tow.

I waited there for a while, but it didn't stop.  So I decided to head home.

But what to shoot?  I came up with a plan.

One of the categories for the Oakville Camera Club challenge this quarter is ice and snow.  I know EXACTLY where to get some ice!  I took a piece of ice out of the freezer and took a look at the various patterns embedded in the ice. It looked really cool.  So I popped on my 60mm lens with a 20mm extension tube.  Voila.


ISO400, f/13 and a 1//10 sec shutter.  I used a tripod as well, as I was focusing close to the ice.  I was able to capture some of the meltwater as well as the ice was melting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment