Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Project 365 - Day 93 - Farmhouse

Sometimes you go out and shoot and come back with something unexpected.  Today was one of those days.

I wanted to grab the sunset this evening.  There were some clouds in the sky, so I wanted to capture them lit by the setting sun.  The problem was when the sun actually set, the clouds were all but gone.  Yeah, that means a nice clear night, but it also means that the shot I wanted was not possible.

When I was scouting for a location I happened upon a farm with silos in a field, and it lined up perfectly with the location of the setting sun.  So I grabbed a couple of test shots to make sure the framing was good and so forth.  I had an idea that I would grab a nice shot of the sunset, and then grab a shot exposed for the barn, and then merge in photoshop later.  What, it's my blog I can do what I want!   :-)

But when I got back home, and downloaded my images, I happened across this one.  This is one of my "test" shots.  You never do know what you have until you look at it on the big screen, and this is also why you don't delete in camera....



Cropped for content and the contrast has been bumped up a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment