Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Project 365 - Day 106 - Ladybug

What a beautiful day today.  I drove home with the window open.  Spring may finally be here...

When I got off the highway, I picked up a hitchhiker.  No, not a real hitchhiker, it was this little ladybug.  It landed on my windshield and hung on for dear life.  It walked all around the windshield as I was turning left and right into my neighbourhood.  Not even the wind could blow it off.

When I pulled into the driveway, I sprinted into the house and grabbed a cup to put the little guy in until I could get my camera gear set up.

This shot is using all three extension tubes and my 60mm lens.  I took about 20 images of this little guy, as he was moving all over the place.  Man, are ladybugs fast!  I got some good images, but this is by far the best one.

ISO400, 60mm lens with extension tubes, f/32 at 1/200 sec shutter.  Had to handhold the camera as this guy was moving.  The background is an orange cup that I had the little guy in.  He's walking on the edge of the cap for the extension tube set.


No comments:

Post a Comment