Thursday, April 25, 2013

Project 365 - Day 115 - Lines and curves

In our advanced photography class, we learned about the elements and principles of design.  One of the elements of design is line.  One of the principles of design is repetition.  I have used both of these in today's shot.

I like repetition best of all, but my close second is lines, or in this case, curves.  If there are things that are lined up in a row along a curve, just try and stop me from shooting them ... :-)

This shot is from Coronation park in Oakville.  The town put in a new splashpad last year, and as part of that they rebuilt the change rooms and rest rooms as well.  The end result is very nice, and fits in well with the rest of the park and surrounding neighbourhood.  There are a lot of natural elements - wood and stone, with accents such as big chunky bolts and such.  It's really very nice.

So, here's today's shot.  In the interest of full disclosure I had to shoot this twice as the first time I had the shot I wanted, I realized on post #8 someone had left a Tim Horton's cup.  Now, I guess they figured it was not littering as this particular cup was still full of coffee and the tab had not been pulled back yet.  It would appear that the people of Oakville litter politely ... :-)

Oh yeah, the shot:


24-70mm lens at 52mm.  ISO400, f/3.2 and 1/250s shutter.  I cropped a bit on the left of the shot - an errant tree was misbehaving.  I also converted to B&W and bumped contrast a bit in post.

No comments:

Post a Comment