Saturday, April 27, 2013

Project 365 - Day 117 - George C Gull

Today I had the opportunity to photograph a star of the Oakville Waterfront scene.  His name is George C Gull.  George has been active for a number of years, primarily in Coronation park.  From time to time George can be seen on Bronte Pier, and the odd time he is found in fast food parking lots.  George gets around a lot.  Here's my shot of George.


So this shot is taken on a bunch of rocks that are piled on the beach.  The rocks make a kind of isthmus that runs into the lake for a little bit.  It is pretty cool, and the birds love to perch on it.  This guy was one of about 30 birds that were there when I started shooting.  I tried to get close to them, and they would fly away one by one, until this guy was last.  I was able to get very close to him for this shot.  When he flew away, I was sure that he didn't poop on me for getting so close and not feeding him ... :-)

Shot with my Nikon 24-70 at 70mm.  ISO100 and 1/640 s at f/2.8.

No comments:

Post a Comment