Saturday, February 2, 2013

Project 365 - Day 33 - Superbowl Weekend

It's that time of year again.  No, not Groundhog day, but Superbowl Saturday.  I know, the game is not until tomorrow, but the preparation starts today.

Today, we start making the chili that will cook for ~ 24 hours before being served.  It's tradition.  I have made some minor changes over the years, but for the most part it is unchanged from the original recipe.

This year is no exception.  When we went to Metro to get the ingredients today, I found that the yellow, orange and red peppers were the same price as the green peppers.  Usually they are double the price, but now today.  So I got two of each colour for the chili.   ( I make a big batch and freeze almost half of it to enjoy later).

As I was cutting up the peppers, I noticed how well the colours worked together.  So I tossed all the cut up pieces into a bowl, arranged some of the pieces so the best ones were out front, and of course I grabbed my camera.

Here's today's shot.  No speedlight today, I actually lit it with a camp lantern behind the bowl.  Brodie was close by as he always is when I am cutting up peppers, and I didn't want to start flashing him.  He did, however, hear the shutter and freak out just the same.  At least I tried.

Here's today's shot.


I lowered the luminance on the yellow a bit to turn down those peppers.  But the rest of it is unchanged.  The red peppers were exceptional in colour, sometimes they are a little orange. 

60mm macro lens 0.6s at f8.

No comments:

Post a Comment