Sunday, February 24, 2013

Project 365 - Day 55 - It snowed ... again ...

Got up early again today to try and catch a sunrise.  No go.  It actually snowed again.

Back down to Oakville Harbour I go, armed with my trusty camera, camera bag, tripod and layered clothing.  Soon enough I remember that the light dusting of snow reduces the friction coefficient of ice, and I almost fall 3 times!  Don't worry, my first instinct is to protect the camera ... :-)

I happened upon this particular subject while walking along the pier.  The pier at Oakville Harbour has a lighthouse at the end.  It's pretty cool, but you really need the right sky for the shot.  I still took a shot, but I tried to get cloer.

Closer to the pier is a bunch of seagulls and Canadian geese.  As I get closer, I spook one bird, and he in turn spooks the rest of the gulls.  The geese don't move, they know that they don't have to worry about one guy walking on ice - all they have to do is send one or two of them towards me, I would try to run and slip on the ice - likely falling in the water.  So I was taking my time.

I got to the point where the birds were, and I see this in the snow.  Have to get low for this shot...


70mm on my 24-70 lens.  ISO is 800, 1/800 sec shutter and f/4.5  This is hand held, no tripod. 

No comments:

Post a Comment